Sunday, March 21, 2010

I don't like being compared.

The fact that I am scared of taking taxi alone is as if its a crime itself. I can't help to be paranoid with all those news going around on how dangerous about taking taxi alone. Why can't they just leave me alone with me not liking to take taxi? Just because my two successful cousins used to take taxi to school or work alone or they used to have part time jobs while they were studying, doesn't mean I have to be compared to them.

Well, sorry, my brain is not good enough to catch up with studies while working. If they used to do it, I believe that's the difference between me and them. Don't make it as if I need to do it as well. IF they commit suicide, do I have follow them? If they decided to not work anymore, should I do the same? Almost everything in my life that I did, its a comparison to other people.

"You see people's daughter keeps the house clean"

"You see your two cousin so good, earn a lot of money, and still can take care of the house."

Sometimes I wonder maybe I should just tell people my name is YMY, not my cousins or some other people's daughter. I don't really care if mum said that which I believe they always believes someone else child is better and I kind of got used to it but I don't enjoy being teased by some other people who just because their child is better than me.

It's not like I am that terrible. Its just that I don't like taking taxi alone. What is wrong with them? Not like if I don't take taxi once alone, I will die. "What about when you need to work? Or boss ask you to take taxi to deliver a very important document?"

When that situation arises where I really have no choice but to do it, I will. Why are we discussing the future now?

And "You work while you study, just like your two cousin sisters did."

Sorry genius sisters and auntie who got two super smart and capable daughter. I am not that well capable to catch up with you. Stop comparing. Thank you.

No comments: